THANKS to Officer Harhay and Cathy Osborn for offering a BETTER number to call at the Sheriff’s Dept. for QUICK action. The number for DISPATCH is 330-725-6631. This is the number you should put in your cell phone.
Information regarding the use of golf carts including laws, inspection sheet, and operations. click here
END OF SEASON REMINDERS
1- Seasonal residents- be sure a resident neighbor knows how to reach you in case of an emergency. Empty houses can attract vandalism.
2- If you or someone in your neighborhood is elderly and/ or in need of support in an emergency (like a snow storm), let me know, so I can make sure that the Fire Department is aware, and Block Captains are aware.
3- If you can help in an emergency (power tools, generators, trucks, physical labor), please let Claire know. I will keep a list of “who and what”, so we can mobilize to help each other
For automatic e-mail notification of registered sex offenders in your area:
1-Click on sex offenders link above
3- you can see a list of cities in Medina – on the upper left of the screen is a box to click on to sign up for email notification.(follow the instructions to sign up)
4- you can click on any city to see offenders in the area with photos; click on the photo for residence location, and other details
5- you will get email notification, as long as you put “firstname.lastname@example.org” in your contacts
9 Crucial Tips (thanks Eileen)
1. Tip from Tae Kwon Do : The elbow is the strongest point on your body. If you are close enough to use it, do!
2. If a robber asks for your wallet and/or purse, DO NOT HAND IT TO HIM. Toss it away from you....chances are that he is more interested in your wallet and/or purse than you, and he will go for the wallet/purse. RUN LIKE MAD IN THE OTHER DIRECTION!
3. If you are ever thrown into the trunk of a car, kick out the back tail lights and stick your arm out the hole and start waving like crazy. The driver won't see you, but everybody else will.
4. Women have a tendency to get into their cars, and just sit (doing their checkbook, or making a list, etc.) DON'T DO THIS! The predator will be watching you, and this is the perfect opportunity for him to get in on the passenger side, put a gun to your head, and tell you where to go. AS SOON AS YOU GET INTO YOUR CAR ,LOCK THE DOORS AND LEAVE. If someone is in the car with a gun to your head, DO NOT DRIVE OFF. Instead gun the engine and speed into anything, wrecking the car. Your Air Bag will save you. If the person is in the back seat , they will get the worst of it . As soon as the car crashes, bail out and run.
5. A few notes about getting into your car in a parking lot, or parking garage:
A.) Be aware: look around you, look into your car, at the
passenger side floor ,and in the back seat
B.) If you are parked next to a big van, enter your car
from the passenger door. Most serial killers attack their victims by pulling them into their vans while the women are attempting to get into their cars.
C.) Look at the car parked on the driver's side of your vehicle, and the passenger side.. If a male is sitting alone in the seat nearest your car, you may want to walk back into the mall, or work, and get a guard/policeman to walk you back out.
6. ALWAYS take the elevator instead of the stairs. (Stairwells are horrible places to be alone and the perfect crime spot. This is especially true at NIGHT!)
7. If the predator has a gun and you are not under his control, ALWAYS RUN! The predator will only hit you (a running target) 4 in 100 times; And even then, it most likely WILL NOT be a vital organ. RUN, Preferably in a zig -zag pattern!
8. As women, we are always trying to be sympathetic: STOP. Ted Bundy, the serial killer, was a good-looking, well educated man, who ALWAYS played on the sympathies of unsuspecting women. He walked with a cane, or a limp, and often asked 'for help' into his vehicle or with his vehicle, which is when he abducted his next victim.
9. Another Safety Point: If you hear strange sounds outside (crying, shouting, unusual noises) at night but you cannot see anything, do NOT open the door. If it continues, call the police. There could be a predator trying to coax you outside.
The Indian Head Logo is a Registered Trademark of the Village of Chippewa Lake. All rights reserved.
If broken links or errors are found anywhere on the website please notify site administrator, Katrina Sommers.
Thank you! Walker